PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR COURSE DATES
I am a fully qualified, Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI) with the IAIM (International Association for Infant Massage) and look forward to teaching you the amazing benefits of massaging your baby.
Do you want to learn to massage your baby? Baby Massage is an amazingly positive and beneficial practice for both parents and baby. In this relaxed and informal 5 week course, parents are encouraged to leave all distractions at the door and connect with baby through touch, sound, eye contact and observation, to nurture and create a greater understanding and bond more deeply with their baby.
Each class offers a place where both you and your baby can learn the massage strokes at your own pace, enjoy time together without judgement or pressure. Classes can be a great place to make new friends, chat about parenthood and share ideas and tips with other parents.
IAIM Mission Statement
“The purpose of the International Association of Infant Massage is to promote nurturing touch and communication through training, education and research so that parents, caregivers and children are loved, valued and respected throughout the world community.”
The IAIM infant massage course draws from both the Indian and Swedish massage traditions, as well as incorporating principles from yoga and reflexology.
Only parents will massage their baby. I always demonstrate all massage strokes on my instruction doll.
Benefits for your baby
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
Benefits for you
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
Please click here for the next 5 week course dates. I can also teach you on a one-to-one basis or in small groups – please contact me for availability.